Co-production, co-creation or co-design as it is sometimes called, is a way of thinking about how our health and care services are designed, delivered and evaluated. It involves working in equal partnership with people who use those services in spaces where power is shared, making services more effective and efficient, and in the long-term more sustainable. Maternity Voices Partnerships (MVPs) are “the best way of instituting service user co-production” in maternity services1.
Below are links to practical tools to enable Local Maternity Systems to co-design maternity care with their service users through MVPs.
A co-production model
The Coalition for Collaborative Care has developed a co-production model describing what co-production is along with five values and seven steps to make it happen.
The Co-Creating Welfare project has developed a toolkit of activities to facilitate effective co-production. The following are links to videos, handouts and worksheets explaining the seven different tools. They show how to carry out each activity and incorporate it into your work or training.
- The Q Sort Activity, which is an activity to experience collaborative work and collective problem formulation. Q sort handout 64kb| Q sort worksheet 65kb
- Role Play Activity, which is an activity to experience how to collect ideas and knowledge to solve a concrete challenge.
- Story Cubes Activity, which is an activity to experience the creation of common narratives related to a challenge or solution. Story cubes worksheet 63kb
- Fish Bowl Activity, which is an activity to experience collaborative problem solving. Fish Bowl worksheet 208kb
- Meta Plan Activity, which is an activity to experience how to draw on the existing knowledge within a group https://ed-danmark.com/koeb-generisk-levitra-….
- Pecha Kucha Activity, which is a dynamic presentation method.
- The CUbe Activity, which is a method to support a creative brain storm activity. CUbe worksheet 64kb
You can read more about some of these co-creations methods and others in our blog about the Co-creation Summit.
National Maternity Voices have put together a programme of webinars, co-created with NHS England and NHS Improvement, to help support Local Maternity Systems to co-produce their services with women and families through local, active and funded Maternity Voices Partnerships.